Re: OS X Install

От Jim Crate
Тема Re: OS X Install
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm a little late to the party, but figured I could at least offer some info for
the archives.

If you don't know the user's password, and you have admin access, then it really
doesn't matter.  In fact, I set any special users (pgsql, mailman, etc.) up so
that they *cannot* be logged into normally.  Instead, do this:

sudo su - pgsql

and then all you need to know is your own password.

You can use niutil to create and delete users and groups.  Reading the man page
and exploring a bit using the -list and -read options will be very informative.

Here is a script I use to create a user. Execute it with sudo.

niutil -create . /groups/pgsql
niutil -createprop . /groups/pgsql gid 5001

niutil -create . /users/pgsql
niutil -createprop . /users/pgsql uid 5001
niutil -createprop . /users/pgsql gid 5001
niutil -createprop . /users/pgsql passwd \*
niutil -createprop . /users/pgsql home /Users/pgsql
niutil -createprop . /users/pgsql shell /bin/tcsh

gid and uid can be set to some non-conflicting number of your choice.  I believe
that numbers over 5000 do not show up in System Preferences or the login window.

--
Jim Crate
Deep Sky Technologies, Inc.